LinkedIn Keywords: Get Attention with your Headline
Overview/What You Will Learn
How to customize your headline, the 120 characters that appear right under your name to build your brand online.
- “MBA student or graduate” is not enough, as it fails to communicate value or distinction.
- Don’t settle for default, as this is usually your current job, not what you aspire to.
- Do not use jargon or clichés
- Do not use a sentence, just punchy phrases that are easy to read and make the visitor want to know more.
- Make it jammed with information and suggestions of the impact you can make in your target organizations.
Ross Macpherson is the President of Career Quest, a Certified Personal Branding Strategist, Certified Online Identity Strategist, Certified Interview and Job Search Coach, and is recognized as one of the best resume writers in North America. With over 15 years experience in the career industry, he specializes in advanced strategies that help senior and executive professionals throughout the US, Canada, and internationally. His work has been featured in 18 career publications.
Ross routinely speaks to MBA programs across North America, and is known for delivering powerful and entertaining sessions that teach real-world success strategies. He has also spoken at major career events, global industry conferences, professional associations, and executive networking groups across the U.S. and Canada, and his high-energy style has consistently put him at the top of the career management speaking circuit. Contact Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org